Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Someone Like You . . .



I have always LOVED this song. Secretly, I thought of it as “our song”. Every time I would hear it I would think of you and smile. Driving home from work today, that song came on. I had added it to my iPhone playlist months ago and forgotten about it. I must have repeated the play of this song 8 times today (all the way home). Hearing it didn’t make me sad. It actually made me smile and happy, because that song IS about us. You were that perfect someone for me, and I knew it. You were my treasure, my own gift from God. So many times you spoke of how I had saved you, but in reality you saved me too. My entire life was changed the moment I truly met you, and I couldn’t imagine living it without you. We had a beautiful son together that got the best (and worst) of both of us. I look at him now and see you. It warms my heart. 

Yeah, today was a good day, for the most part. I can tell “work people” are ready to move on and I should get back to work, but I am determined to feel everything as I transition to this new “weird lyfe”. Miss you Babe and absolutely love you to the moon and back!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment