Sunday, November 17, 2013

"I don't want to know the reasons why . . ."

Lyrics from I don't want to Know (Fleetwood Mac)



It has now been two months since you left me (sounds so cold, and I feel it to the bone). I can’t believe that it will be 2 months tomorrow and the holidays will soon be here. There will definitely be a large hole without you this year, and I can’t imagine not buying you a special Christmas gift or you getting those wonderful stocking stuffers on Christmas eve. How can this be?!?!? I don’t even know how to accept this fact of my new weird widow life.

Work is really busy right now, so I don’t have a lot of time to dwell and grow sad, but I know that the pain will come (and am dreading it). Trying to catch up on laundry and groceries, as tomorrow will begin a new work week, and I need to focus. I am expected to perform, and I will not disappoint. I am still amazed at how the world just continues "on" even though you are not here. I know that this statement sounds trivial to some, but it is soooo true! The world should have stopped – taken a pause. Some days I feel like I am running as fast as I can to catch the day and I never do. I missed the meteor shower early this morning (because I didn’t have you to wake me up like you always did), and it makes me sad. I know that things will never be the same, but I desperately want them to go back to the way they were before. We were happy and together – as we should be. I shouldn’t be here alone (but, yeah - I am). Love you Babe!



No comments:

Post a Comment