Monday, November 4, 2013

Can I Sail thru the Changing Ocean Tides . . .



Stevie Nicks – the White Witch, the gypsy. You always thought she was so hot – and she appeared to me, to be everything I was not. Petite, blonde, vagabond, bohemian. I never really saw the attraction, until I grew older and became a little more open-minded to the music and the lyrics. Open-minded – who would’ve thought?!?!?!? I can’t help but think of you when I hear anything related to Stevie Nicks – and I turn the volume up just a little louder when I hear a song (ok – a lot louder).

Another week has begun and you’re not here. Apparently, the service in Ohio went well – and I feel such guilt that I wasn’t there. In hindsight, I should have been stronger – but then, perhaps this was how it should be? You were only lent to me, and ultimately had to return to your family that loved and adored you. 

I completed the “necessary paperwork” today to claim your benefits. This task really made me realize that you are gone – you are really gone! I’ve kept your clothes in the closet and your toothbrush in the drawer (just in case), praying that this nightmare will end. I was asked today, what makes a marriage work for 32 years? I could only smile and say “Love, patience, and work – and more love!” I never imagined my life without you – and it seems impossible now! 


No comments:

Post a Comment