Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy(?) Thanksgiving!




Where do I start?!?!? I was determined to NOT be sad today and be gracious and thankful for all that is in my life at this moment. I must say that I deserve a gold star for effort, but around 11am caught myself being quite lonely and missing you terribly. All I could think about for several hours was what I WASN’T thankful for, and that is your wonderful smile missing from my new "WW lyfe". 

I continued on with baking the feast, even though there are only 2 of us here. How do you cook for two, when you overcook for 3? It’s impossible – we will be eating today’s feast all weekend! I never thought I’d be here a year ago. I had pictured us together (finally), after living apart most of the time for 3 years. I could see us getting excited about decorating for Christmas and enjoying just being together.

I am determined that the house will be decorated for Christmas, as I don’t want to “stand out” in the neighborhood (LoL). I watched a tearjerker on Hallmark Channel last night about a widow who didn’t want to celebrate Christmas, yet didn’t want pity either. So she didn’t decorate or put up a tree. I thought “Wow! If she didn’t want pity, she would have hidden her grief just a little better!” Stupid script writers! I didn’t watch it to the end, as it really was sappy and depressing all at once (typical Hallmark), but it did give me some insight to what I need to do to carry on! I WILL do all that I can to remember your fun-loving spirit, and I will hang up your decorations. I am sure that there will be moments of sadness and that I will stumble many times. I WILL pick myself up, dust myself off, and continue our traditions. Love you Babe, and I am so thankful that I had you in my life for 33 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment