Monday, November 11, 2013

Veteran’s Day – and Work Tomorrow . . .




Well, I didn’t watch Band of Brothers, and I didn’t really glue myself to the TV today. I spent the morning cleaning out your folded clothes and “junk” drawer (don’t we all have one of those?). I was relieved to find your ring that had been missing since you left me. I would have never found it if I hadn’t been looking feverishly for it (that’s what started this task today). You had tucked it in an old mouth-guard case (yuck). As I was tossing the true “junk” items to the trash, I heard a clink and knew that there was something else in that vile case. It plopped open – and there it was – like a shiny piece of gold! I had found your celtic ring that you loved so much. So then I thought I had better go through ALL of the boxes/cases that I had assumed were empty or had icky stuff in them that were now in the trash. I didn’t find any more treasures, but now I won’t be second-guessing what I tossed.

I can’t say that today was a bad day. I tend to measure the “badness” by how sad I am and if I actually cry – cry enough to have one of those dreaded headaches you get from crying too much! I actually laughed a couple of times today at things you had saved, or silly things that the furkids did. I am anxiously anticipating tomorrow, knowing that eventually something will set off the sadness at work, I just never know when. I will consider myself better when I can actually go to work one day, not dread questions that will be asked, and at the end of the work day I can say “It was a good day!” Love you – wishing you were here with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment