Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hump Day



I stayed home today from work. I just didn’t have the energy to “put on the happy face” at work, and I will be damned if I am going to have 3 horrible days in a row (2 is my limit)! Stayed home and am starting to get ready for the trip to take you back home this weekend. A lot of family will be there – some I have never met. I’m sorry you won’t be able to share childhood stories with me about them. I always enjoyed your stories (and the devilish grin)! I am spending tonight getting ready for our trip and prepping the candy trough for the oodles of kids tomorrow night. Another first – my first Halloween without you in 32 years. The kids will miss your silly mask and funny questions. Our son played a new Eminem song for me today (I know, your favorite). When I told him that it was the music to an old Guess Who song, he asked “Who?!”, to which I replied “Guess Who!”. He didn’t get the joke – I had to explain it. You would have loved the diatribe! Some things never change, yet it is all different now (sigh). Happy Halloween Babe!


No comments:

Post a Comment