Monday, October 28, 2013

Another Day in My New Life



Well here I am! I have attempted to post something (anything) for a month now and the words just won’t come. He’s been gone for 46 days now. So many things race through my mind (ALL of the time). As inappropriate as it may seem, I am now thinking of a line from the movie, The Jerk. 46 days – which is 1,104 hours, which is 66,240 seconds, since I last saw you and touched you. We laughed so many times watching this movie. We were together – through thick and thin.
It seems like just yesterday. Or, does it seem like a lifetime ago?!?!?! I don’t know – I am so confused. We were talking about plans – our plans – life plans – growing old together plans. How can you be married to someone for 32 years and not know that it would end this way? That suddenly, one day, you are alone – really alone. The sun still came up, the birds flew and, by God, people were living – I mean “living” – going about their own lives. Don’t they know that he’s gone?!?!? Forever?!?!?!?
Feeling down today, really down. I can honestly say that there really are good days and bad days in these past 46 days. Today was a bad day – a really bad day. I actually had someone share that they knew what I was going through. I tried to be cordial and told them “thank you”, but then they just kept sharing – their experience, their knowledge. This “talk” didn’t help it all. Actually, it really hurt – hurt bad. I would like to just crawl under a rock – not forever, just a day or two. Just until I can suck it up and appear to be the same happy person that I always appear to be. Yeah, it’s just another day in my new life . . . and I’m not liking it much today. I am anxious for tomorrow. I miss you babe - alot!


No comments:

Post a Comment